Saturday, January 2, 2016

Mega Conference

December 14, 2015

Hey Family,

So this past week has been awesome!!! These kind of weeks make the mission worth it.
We got to play 7 on the line and volleyball for P-Day. We had so much fun and getting a work-out. We got to have dinner with the Chesley's and we had a lot of fun talking about Christmas. So excited!!

So on Wednesday, we had our Mega-Zone Conference in Hattiesburg. We woke-up around 5:30 and left around 6:30 so we could get there on time. Well we got there pretty early, so we got to talk with the other missionaries there. It was a lot of fun being able to see everyone. I got to see Sister Demo and that was nice. We then all got in our seats and Elder Kopischke came in with President and Sister Olson and he shook each of our hands. The conference was amazing!!! He asked us what we had questions about. He talked a lot about the Faith Cycle with Alma 32:27-29. And he told us how we are not responsible for the results. So we can control how many people we talk to and it is up to that person if they listen or not. That took so much stress off of my shoulders. I have been able to relax more and be myself. He also told a story of his wife when she was pregnant with their twin boys. His wife had cancer and they had to do surgeries and all this stuff and it worked out, but at first the doctors said that they should abort the children so it wouldn't risk the life on the mom. Then she started to go into labor with them at I believe 20 weeks, and Elder Kopischke told the twins to stop coming and they did. The story was so cool and I just thought of my story and how with the faith that my family had, a miracle happened. I was spiritual feed from the conference and have a different view of missionary work. After we got to mingle and the mission gave us letters and I'm not sure with the one you sent. If I open it on Christmas or if I can open it now? Then we traveled back to Ocean Springs right to the church for correlation. We got to play a little basketball with the youth and we had a lot of fun. Then we got home planned for the next day and went straight to bed.

On Friday, we finally got to meet with Dimaris. We met her at the church and she brought her 3 kids. We got to know her a little better and she told us her story. She has terminal cancer and last year, she was given 2 years to live. She isn't doing chemo or anything. She would rather have quality time with her family and having them not see her as sick. She then told us that her 15 year old son had cancer when he was 3 and she was praying to Heavenly Father that she could have it instead of her son. When she was telling us everything, it was really hard not to cry. She just had this peace and comfort that everything was going to work out. I just thought of the love that she has for her children, family and for Heavenly Father. She could be yelling at him asking "why is this happening to me?" but she isn't doing that. She is the one that lives outside the mission by 100 feet and we have already talked with President to get permission. So we will see what happens. She is such a sweet lady and just have this love for her. After we went out with Sister Cardon. She took us out to eat, then we went and tried a less-active. She was home and we got to visit with her for a little bit.

Saturday we had the Bishop's Storehouse in the morning and it was the Christmas one so it was a little crazy but it all turned out good. Then we helped set up for the Ward Christmas Party. Then we went out and tracted before going back to help set up with Bobbi Scaturo. So we had 1 and a half left of tracting and we haven't gotten anyone to listen to us. One house we went to, the guy was in his garage and he told us that he had just prayed for church people. At this point we are pretty excited, then he asks us if we can pay his bill. I have never gotten anyone asking if we can pay their bills. We told him we know ways that he could then he told us to have a good day. Burgess and I looked at each other and just kind of laughed. Then the next few houses we got to meet 2 people and was able to share scriptures with them. They were really nice to us and it was great to share messages with others. We had the Faith and it all worked out. Then we went to the church and helped Bobbi out with the Christmas Party. There was a little drama because the other ward had their party the night before and they left everything a mess so people weren't very happy. We helped out with getting all of the food ready and there was a lot of food. We were running all over the place, it was insane. The party started and it went super well. Got to visit with a few members and less-actives that came. Everyone was asking where we would be for Christmas and making sure we were taken care of. Everyone is so nice and care so much about us. So grateful that I get to be here for the holidays. Then we helped clean everything up and went home and went right to bed. Sunday, we had church and it went very well and then had choir practice after and nobody really showed up so it was a little crazy. Then we went and had dinner with the Scaturo's. We had a lot of fun there, watching Christmas videos and have some good laughs. So I had a really good week. 

I am so sorry to hear about Grandma Judy. It's weird to think that they are really only 2 hours away. But it's good to know that she is in a better place. 

I can't wait to see y'all in a few days, I am so excited!!!!!

I love and miss y'all

Sister McKenna O'Connor

Traveling to the Mega Conference in Hattiesburg
 Sister Demo and I
 Sister Burgess and I at the Ward Christmas Party
Ward Christmas Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.