Monday, February 15, 2016

Stake Conference and meeting lots of great people

January 18, 2016

Hello Family,

So this past week, we had transfers and my new companion is Sister Poulson. We came out together and she is from Ephraim. We had a pretty okay week. Sister Poulson is kind of sick, so rested a little bit this week. Also I have been really exhausted/stressed and needed to rest too. We also got a new Elder. Elder Nabu is with Elder Schliep. He is from Washington and has been out for about 6 months.

So this past week, we got to see Lona and have a lesson with her and we had Sister Cardon with us. The elders gave her a blessing before the lesson. She is going through a lot right now and need a lot of prayers. We talked about the Plan of Salvation and focused a lot on that Heavenly Father loves and knows each of us, and knowing that she is a Daughter of God. Sister Cardon then challenged her to read the Book of Mormon every day for a whole week. So we need to follow up with her on that. But the lesson went very well and you could feel the spirit. Later that night we had a lesson with Steve and Debbie. They were super excited to see us. They told us that they were going to go to church today. But their car wasn't working and the church bus didn't pick them up. Then we showed up. They were saying that everything happens for a reason. It was pretty cool. We talked about the Articles of Faith and went into a little more detail with some of them. Then they brought up Joseph Smith but it was pretty late and we told them that we would talk about it next time. They really love to talk about Jesus and we were there for what felt like forever. Hopefully we will see them tonight and talk about the Restoration. 

Bree Thomas had her Birthday this past week so we went over and had a little birthday party for her. It was a lot of fun with eating and playing some games. So we went a little early to their house and their dad was there. We got to talk with him for a little bit and he was just talking about how life is crazy and giving us advice. It was basically a miracle because that has been the most that he has ever talked with us. He normally stays in his room when we come over. Also we had his music in and while we were talking, he slowly turned the music off, and then he put it away. Heavenly Father is slowly working on him.  

Then after we headed over to the church to go to Ashton's baptism (Brother Bahr's son). They had a lot of family there and many people from the ward came. It was really amazing and it kind of reminded me of my baptism. And all the people that attended because they love me. Then after we went and tried Takina. We have been pretty excited because she has been coming to church the last couple weeks. We got to talk with her and her kids about Ashton's baptism and I shared 3 Ne. 9:14. It talks about coming to him and having Eternal Life. We then invited her to think about eternal life. What she would like it to be and who she would want there. You can see the light of her testimony starting to come back. 

Sunday, we had another stake conference. It was broadcasted from Salt Lake City. Elder L. Whitney Clayton, Elder Rasband, Elder Hales and Sister Reeves were in the meeting. The broadcast was throughout the southern states and some northern ones. It was really nice to hear from each of them. Talking a lot about the temples and Family home evening.  After the meeting the waters were going to feed us, but before we left we looked at the meal calendar and nobody was feeding us this week. The elders had some appointments. So before we left, I went up to a couple of members and asked them if they would be willing to feed us this week. And after going to a couple of the members, we are getting feed now every day this week. I would have never done that before my mission, ha-ha!!! 

So we went with the Waters out to their place and we had dinner with them and the Mallya's. We had potatoes, roast, carrots, and some cobbler. It was really good. After we went to the Thomas's real fast because I had left my camera there. We got to talk with her for a little bit, but then we had to go. After we went out to go tracting. We were a little behind on tracting and we had about an hour left of daylight. So we tracted by these homes and people were answering but telling us that they weren't interested. We knocked on two homes and they told us to come back. Then it was starting to get dark, so we decided to knock on one more house. So we knocked on the house and a guy answers. His name is Danny and he told us that he has Jesus in his life. He had gone through 3 brain surgeries, multiple seizures; fingers cut off and survived a ship wreck. He has gone through out in his life. Then he was starting telling us about his life and growing up. He had the best parents and he had some crazy stories. Then we talked about music and how with every song you listen to, you could switch a couple words in it and it would make it a Christian song. We were talking with him outside and it was pretty cold out. We were both kind of freezing. Then we were able to say a prayer with him and he was telling us that we were doing a great job and blessed us that we would be safe and find those we need Jesus. Danny is such am great guy and it was just great to talk with him. After, we were walking back to our car and we were sooooo cold. It was pitch dark outside and we had talked with Danny for over an hour and a half. As soon as we got home, we got all of our warm clothes on and cuddled up in our blankets.

SO happy to hear that everything is going well back at home. So jealous that y'all went to Tucanos. Hope y'all have a great week!!

Love and miss y'all!!!!!!!!!!
Sister McKenna O'Connor     

 Sister James wedding reception

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.